Dove Pointe has been recognized by the community with a variety of accolades including:
- 215 Non-Profit Organization of the Year from the Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce
- Community Leadership Award from Salisbury University
- Family Friendly Business Award from the Wicomico Partnership
- Chester A. Troy Public Service Award from the State of Maryland Governor's Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities
- Richard A. Henson Award of Excellence from the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore
- International Rotary Grant to South Africa
The mission of Dove Pointe is to be a point of connection between people and services to meet their desired outcomes, interests, and needs.
In 1968, the Wicomico Teen-Adult Activity & Development Center was opened in Mardela Springs, MD to provide services to individuals with disabilities. In December 1999, the current facility was opened on Mt. Hermon Rd in Salisbury, MD and was renamed to its present name of Dove Pointe. Dove Pointe is now a leading organization of its kind in the area providing a wide range of quality services for individuals with disabilities.